Amware Pallet Services now conducting business as Symbia Logistics is hiring 2nd shift Pallet Repairmen for our Simpsonville, SC plant. Starting pay is $11 and the shift is from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, M-F. Once trained and meeting quality and production goals, potential to $13/hour.
The refurbishing of damaged pallets that weighs 75 to 85 lbs. using speed, accuracy, and detail that meet company standards for safety, security, and productivity while adhering to CHEP's quality criteria. Fast paced production environment that requires meeting and exceeding production quotas on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety procedures using Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times while performing job duties.
- Inspects pallets visually for rough edges, surface nicks, dents, nail holes, cracks, open seams, broken boards.
- Removes damaged boards with crow bar/hammer.
- Use jig saw and grinder to cut or remove old and bent broken nails.
- Attach pre-cut to frame size boards according to company specs using a pneumatic nail gun and hammer.
- Perform simple math skills by adding or subtracting number of pallets repaired.
- Restocks building supplies at the end of shift.
- Cleans pallet repair area during and at end of shift.
- May be required to work frequent overtime, weekends, or rotating shifts.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Some experience in construction and/or related field.
- Ability to operate electrical power tools.
- Basic Math
- Frequent lifting, pulling, flipping of 75 to 85 lbs. pallets.
- Ability of standing and walk for extended periods of time (at least 2 hours straight, four times in an 8 hour day).
- Able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Able to use hands and feet simultaneously and perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds as needed.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The work environment consists of occasional extreme temperature shifts ranging from very cold to very hot.
- Exposure to dust and loud noise (hearing protection is provided)
- Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and moving forklifts
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You can apply online via this site or you can go directly to the plant and apply in person at the following address:
321 Standing Springs Ct, #4
Simpsonville, SC 29680