Symbia Logistics currently has 15 service centers throughout the US and Canada. We have an immediate need for a bi-lingual HR Generalist in our Duluth, GA office. We are a growing company, who is looking for a team player to join our HR department. Learn more about our company at Symbia.com.
We are looking for a bi-lingual HR Generalist who has a broad-based knowledge of HR functions. In this role, you will develop effective relationships with plant managers and employees. You will be instrumental in providing support and direction for employment practices, handbook compliance, payroll administration, and all basic human resource functions.
Primary Duties Include:
- Administer Employee Relations program. Be first point of contact for Spanish-speaking employees.
- Responsible for Spanish translation of documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate all aspects of unemployment. Handle all Unemployment inquiries; gather information for hearings by working with the location to get the proper documentation.
- Assist with Benefits Administration and generate COBRA notifications.
- Answer Government inquiries pertaining to employees.
- Coordinate payroll transactions and corrections with payroll manager. Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Recruiting support for primarily East Coast Locations
- Process Terminations, coach sites on required documentation, and coordinate the final pays in required states.
- Assist with various human resource programs and procedures
- Experience dealing with multiple locations in several states a plus.
- Working knowledge of Federal and state laws
- Travel 25% of the time to assist with recruiting, employee relations, or new start ups.
Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience in human resource generalist or related professional experience
Proficient MS Office skills
Required Bi-lingual / English – Spanish speaking
We offer medical, dental, vision insurance.