Symbia Logistics is searching for a team lead. Pay is $13-$15/hour . Learn more about our company at Symbia.com. Prior "lead" experience is extremely important.
The Repair Lead is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of repairing pallets, supervising and organizing the activities of repairmen, and ensuring that employees meet company standards for safety, security, and productivity while adhering to quality criteria.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions. Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Inspect pallets and work for conformance to specifications.
- Pallet Repair (as required)- Safely and securely repair pallets at a rate that meets company standards and in a manner that meets company safety standards
- Discard or reject products not meeting specifications. Review rejected pallets with employees so they understand what they missed, aid in the training process.
- Ensure that all employees are adhereing to company safety standards, using equipment properly, and wearing all required PPE and set the example.
- Record inspection data to aid the evaluation of work performance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- "Lead" experience in construction or related field
- Familiar with computer to complete end-of-shift reports
Able to lift 70 lbs on a regular basis.
Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
Able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.
Able to use hands and feet simultaneously and perform repetitive movements.
- Permanent Full Time Position
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance Available
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
Apply in person between 8 am to 4 pm at:
116 Finley Ave W, Suite C
Birmingham, AL 35204
Must pass e-verify and drug test