Symbia Logistics is hiring a Production Supervisor for our Chester, VA location. Find out more about our company at http://www.symbia.com
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the refurbishing of damaged pallets while ensuring employees meet company standards for safety, security, and productivity while adhering to customer's quality criteria. Fast-paced production environment that requires meeting and exceeding production quotas on a daily basis.
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse personnel to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the warehouse.
- Make recommendation to the Plant Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Supervise the checking of outgoing and incoming freight for proper counts and codes.
- Assist the Plant Manager in planning space utilization to meet prescribed cost standards.
- Ensure proper stock rotation. Assist in conducting physical inventories as required.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and discipline subordinates.
- Supervise all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Supervise all repair and inspection activities to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Mechanic to ensure that a sound maintenance program is being implemented.
- Ensure that all records and reports regarding warehouse activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of supervisor work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish strongly preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent .
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a similar position., with management experience with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, communication and planning.
- Frequent lifting, pulling, flipping of 75 to 85 lbs. pallets.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (at least 2 hours straight, four times in an 8 hour day).
Benefits available for medical, dental, vision, life and disability. Paid vacation.
Full Time Permanent Position
Advancement opportunities throughout the US