Production Supervisor job openings with Symbia Logistics in our Tracy, CA facility. Competitive salary $55,000 to $65,000 depending on experience.
Symbia Logistics needs a 1st shift and 2nd shift Production Supervisor in our Tracy, California facility.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the refurbishing of damaged pallets while ensuring employees meet company standards Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse personnel to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the warehouse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse personnel to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the warehouse.
- Assist in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
- Develop and implement shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operation on a daily basis.
- Make recommendation to the Plant Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations.
- Supervise the checking of outgoing and incoming freight for proper counts and codes.
- Assist the Plant Manager in planning space utilization to meet prescribed cost standards.
- Continually evaluate space utilization and suggest methods for improving layout.
- Supervise the relocation and consolidation of product as required.
- Ensure proper stock rotation. Assist in conducting physical inventories as required.
- Direct the operations of the warehouse personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, counseling, and discipline subordinates.
- Interact with other departmental management to achieve goals.
- Attend warehouse meetings.
- Supervise all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Supervise all repair and inspection activities to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Work to maintain the operational budget. Assist in developing the budget when required.
- Implement an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
- Develop and implement a daily plan for allocating equipment to jobs. Ensure that equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Mechanic to ensure that a sound maintenance program is being implemented.
- Ensure that all records and reports regarding warehouse activity are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained.
- Review operating goals and standards on a daily basis and monitor achievement.
- Evaluate housekeeping, security, and sanitation levels on a daily basis.
- Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat, secure and well organized; and that damage to product, equipment, and the facility is prevented.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed.
- Operate in compliance with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of supervisor work.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Effective time management and the ability to prioritize.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish strongly preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent .
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- 1 - 2 years management experience with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, communication and planning.
- Full-time permanent position
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance available
- Paid vacation and holiday
- $55,000 to $65,000 a year. Competitive Pay and opportunity for professional growth
- First Shift and Second Shift positions are available
Manufacturing, Industrial, Construction, Logistics, Production