Repair a wide variety of equipment and machinery using good troubleshooting, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Conduct regular inspections to identify faulty equipment, test new machinery before use or installation, keep records of maintenance and activities and train junior mechanics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment. using basic mechanic hand tools, and power tools.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Dismantles machines & equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand/power tools.
- Inspects measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, using hand tools power tools, and following blueprints, diagrams, and service manuals
- Realigns and adjusts components, like sprockets and chains, using hand tools following diagrams
- Locates damaged air hydraulic lineson machine and replace as necessary.
- Starts machines equipment to test operation following repair.
- Repairs broken parts, using welding and light metal fabricating
- May set up and operate basic mechanic shop equipment such as a drill press, or grinder, etc, to make or repair parts
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 to 4 years of On-the-job work experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Hydraulic, Blueprints, diagrams, welding, Light metal fabric and Programmable Logic Controller ( PLCs)
Basic knowledge in Programmable Control Logistics (PLCs), Electrical, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics.
Full-time permanent position
Medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance available
Paid vacation and holiday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $30.00 /hour